Sunday, June 21, 2015

READING LEARNING STORY

In reading I am learning how to search in books for information about New Zealand getting involved in the wars. In our reading group we had to share what we learned in the books so that everyone understood.Then we went on the internet to find more information about other wars like WW2  and the Vietnam War.

MY EVIDENCE about N.Z being involved in wars.

When I was reading about WW1, I found out where the NZ soldiers trained. N.Z soldiers went to Egypt to train before they went to the war. 

The New Zealanders and Australians fought against the German’s. They also went to Gallipoli to fight the Turkish. I also found out that another name for World War 1 is the Great War because most countries of the world were involved in the war.

I am learning to skim and scan information to find answers to my questions quickly. When I am skimming and scanning I use key words to help me search for the information. When I find the key word I stop and read it carefully so I don't miss any information about the war.

World War 1 Research:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oafxatT1src3fdBvoCyTk7vGQvNyu3AoMA01W3k8lY8/edit

I can use things that can help me like books and the internet it helps me because if I don't now a word I can search on the internet what the word means.

Next step is to explain what the author means because something we need to read need to read between the lines and look clues help us understand what the text is telling us.

Here are some links to two videos of me reading my story. I read the Journal Story "In the End" It is a Level 3 text.

MY EVIDENCE ABOUT ME READING .
MY EVIDENCE ABOUT ME SUMMARISE THE STORY

No comments:

Post a Comment