Thursday, June 16, 2016

reading learning story

In reading I have been learning about enviroschool's. One of the school's we learnt about was Hukanui  School.
We chose Hukanui school because they had creative idea's that might give us idea's of how we can improve our space and make them safe enviro place's.         

Big idea:  
How are others are exploring, innovating and creating opportunities and challenges for people, places, and environments as kaitiaki in their Community?
Learning Goals:
  1. locating and summarising ideas (e.g., by skimming or scanning, by identifying key words, topic sentences, and key questions, or by using subheadings)
  2. evaluating and integrating ideas and information across a small range of texts;

Here's my Hukanui school brainstorm

When I read this story I found out that they had to do a lot of things to achieve their goal.They had to plan what they were going to do, ask teachers what they want to do and find out whats best for hukanui school to be a enviroschool. They also had to find out where they can get there equipment from and ask the principal for permission first and teachers.

It helped me by telling me how I can plan things out to make our school a enviroschool and what we need to do to achieve our inquiry goals. 




No comments:

Post a Comment